If you are looking for a solution to extract an OST file from Outlook then you can read this post to collect the right information to perform this process by manually and using OST to PST Converter.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most widely used email platforms that allows to store mailbox data in an Outlook OST and PST format. It allows for sending and receiving emails for personal and business communication.
OST is an offline storage table that is automatically created on your local drive and allows you to access mailbox data offline without having an internet connection. There is no direct solution available to extract an OST file from Outlook when the OST file gets disconnected from the profile.
If you are familiar with Microsoft’s statement then you already know that you can’t open or import an OST file in Outlook. But you can export into Outlook PST format and easily insert in any other computer or account.
Reason to Extract an OST File from Outlook
- Exchange server downtime or crashed due to any failure.
- When a user wants to migrate from one computer to another.
- When a user wants to access their old OST file.
How to Extract an OST File from Outlook Manually?
If you are the owner of the exchange profile or have an activer Outlook profile then you can opt Outlook export features to complete the process:
- Run Outlook then navigate to the file tab.
- After that, open and export then next hit on import/export.
- Browse Export to a file and press next to continue.
- Then, choose Outlook PST File and press next again.
- Select mailbox data as you wish to export.
- Finally, set the path and press finish to get the result instantly.
Limitations of Manual Solution
- It will consume lots of time and be a very lengthy solution.
- Users must have deep technical information about Outlook to handle this solution.
- You can’t convert orphan, corrupted and overly large size OST files.
- You must perform this process carefully because any skippen steps can corrupt all of your mailbox data.
- Outlook installation and configured profile is necessary to perform this process.
How to Extract an OST File from Outlook Via Automated Solution?
If you have a corrupted OST file and you can’t access it in Outlook then you can opt SysTools OST Converter is the excellent choice and allows to convert single and batch OST files with maintained mailbox data attributes. This wizard is specially designed with advanced programing to get accurate output without losing any bit of mailbox data.
- Download wizard on your pc then run it.
- Browse OST file and insert into the software interface.
- Tap on the Outlook PST file in the list of export types.
- Finally, set the path and press export to get the result instantly.
Other Benefits of Using Automated Solution
- It maintained the mailbox data structure as the original. This application is very easy to perform without hiring any technical expert.
- This application is very easy to perform by all types of professional and individual users.
- You can also restore and convert orphan, corrupted and overly large OST files.
- With this wizard, you can also take advantage of the filter feature to convert specific mailbox data as per date range, subject, sender and recipients and also beneficial to skip unwanted data.
- There is no need to download additional applications to complete the process.
Time to Wind Up
In this post, we have shared the way to extract an OST file from Outlook manually and using an automated solution. As manual solutions have lots of risks and limitations. So, we recommend you to opt for an automated solution to complete the process without any trouble. We hope you got an accurate solution and all your relevant queries have been resolved here. If you have any confusion then you can visit our official website to download a free demo version to verify its performance and all other beneficial features. After satisfaction with this application, you can purchase a license key to unlock its premium edition and enjoy its features lifetime free without paying any more. This solution is completely tried and tested by technical experts and IT admin before launching and recommended to any other users. Thank You for reading this Post!
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Price in NZ: A Review