It is undeniable that the United Kingdom is one of the most desirable places to live, work and study. That’s an absolute reason why people want to move their businesses to this country. Nowadays, the UK government has made it easier for migrant people to visit the UK through various visa routes. Today in this article, we will talk about the Self-sponsored visa UK. This visa is one of the best ways for non-EU citizens to enter the nation and start their own businesses. Let’s see what are the basic requirements to acquire this visa.
What is a Self-Sponsorship Visa?
A self-sponsored UK visa eliminates the requirement of a UK employer. If you go through this visa route, you can be your own sponsor. Through establishing your own business in the United Kingdom, you will be able to sponsor yourself and then will be able to enter the country. This visa route is more feasible for business professionals, entrepreneurs, investors and professionals in a particular field. There are mainly three types of self-sponsorship visa: tier 1 entrepreneur visa, tier 1 investor visa and the tier 1 exceptional talent visa. The procedure of getting this visa route can be complex, but with the help of an immigration solicitor in London, you can obtain this visa. Various immigration law firms in the United Kingdom provide immense support to get this visa route. Their team of experienced and knowledgeable lawyers can streamline the path of acquiring this visa.
Basic Eligibility Criteria for Self-Sponsorship Visa
If you want to acquire this visa you must have to meet several eligibility criteria. However, it may vary depending on the significant type of visa that you are applying for. But apart from that, some eligibility remains the same for every self-sponsored visa UK.
- You must have enough funds to support your business in the United Kingdom. Without showing a significant amount in your bank account, the UKVI will not be able to approve your application for a self-sponsored visa UK. You must have sufficient funds in your bank account to support your stay and not rely on public funds. However, every visa category may have different funds requirements.
- After money, it is all about the business plan to acquire this visa; you must have a solid business plan to support your application. You must outline your business ideas, investment plans and your expectation from the business. You must ensure a durable and realistic business plan and a genuine intention to make your business successful in the UK.
- You must be familiar with the English language and should pass the test. You can prove your English language skills by appearing in a test such as the international English language testing system or the test of English as a foreign language. You must acquire passing marks on this test.
- One of the significant requirements for a self-sponsored visa UK is to maintain a good character. You must not be involved in criminal offences. According to the United Kingdom’s rules and regulations, you may have to show a certificate of good character to the UKVI.
How to Apply for a Self-Sponsored Visa UK?
Before going any further, it is essential to know the application process of this attractive visa route. Here we have mentioned the step by step process to apply for a Self-sponsorship visa.
- To apply for this visa route, you must fill out an online application form. In this form, you will have to provide your personal details such as name, contact number, country name, qualifications, etc. Apart from that, you will also be required to provide your immigration history and investment plans.
- There are multiple supporting documents that you need to attach to your application process. It can include proof of sufficient funds that are required to set up or expand your business in the United Kingdom.
- It is also essential to provide an outline of your business plan to the UK Home Office.
- Depending on the visa type, providing evidence of your investment funds is essential. You can attach your bank statement or investment certificate.
- You may also be required to provide evidence of English language proficiency along with the application form.
- If you are applying for a self-sponsorship visa, you will have to provide your biometric information. It includes photographs and fingerprints of the applicants.
After completing the application process, if your application gets approved by the UKVI, you will get an invitation for an appointment or interview.
In conclusion, getting a self-sponsored visa in the UK can be a feasible visa option for business professionals, investors and people with significant talent. However, it may become challenging for you to go through the entire application process. To eradicate the challenges of this process, you can take help from an immigration solicitor in London.